To all patients and prospective patients,
WE ARE STILL OPEN. Starting on Monday, March 23 all office visits have been converted to 100% video calls (telemedicine). This is in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, to promote public health & safety for our staff/patients/families. We will strive to see all patients face-to-face via telemedicine – which can be done using any device with video & internet capabilities: smartphone, tablet, laptop, and desktop computer. You can be at home, at work, wherever. Patients may still be sent for various testing/referrals/etc. and select patients may even need to come into the office for evaluation at the doctor’s discretion.
Please view the instructions below for how to initiate a telemedicine visit. We must maintain this ‘new normal’ until health & government authorities give us the all-clear to return to business as usual. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
*Normal business hours apply, though doctor *may* sometimes be available outside these hours
*Normal co-pays apply, like a regular office visit
Contact our office to schedule an appointment:
Choose any of the options below:
-Call (808) 523-7955
-Online appointment request (scroll to bottom of page) – AWAIT CONFIRMATION FROM STAFF
-Text us at (818) 351-9826 – AWAIT CONFIRMATION FROM STAFF
HMSA (primary insurance) patients ONLY:
Go to https://hmsaonlinecare.com/landing.htm and follow the instructions. An example of the process is attached below.
HMSA Online Care Workflow for Patients
Tip: Search “Madamba” in the search bar OR select the “Medical Care” box, then select Dr. Joseph or Dr. Gloria Madamba’s photo.
Click to enter the virtual waiting room and wait for doctor to start the visit.
Non-HMSA patients (see Insurances Accepted on our Homepage):
Click to enter the virtual waiting room and wait for the doctor to start the visit.
If it helps, we can also email or text the above links to you. If you encounter challenges at any time, please call our office or text or our tech team at (818) 351-9826…yes it’s an 818 area code. We look forward to seeing you!
You can also call our office to schedule an appointment.
- Visit length: we schedule in 20 minute increments but this may turn out shorter or longer depending on multiple factors
- Walk-in visits:
- Available on a 1st-come 1st-serve basis
- Call the office prior to coming to gauge our schedule for that day
- We will do our best to fit you in with respect/priority to patients who are already scheduled
- Health emergencies: you may contact our office but strongly consider going to the nearest urgent care or emergency room immediately without delay.
ABOUT YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Bring to every visit:
- Up-to-date ID (driver’s license, etc.)
- Insurance card(s)
- All medicines/supplements (or a complete written list)
- Come prepared with questions/health issues to discuss
- Method of payment (cash, check, and all major credit cards accepted) – copays are due at time of service
- Plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment (established patients) or 30 minutes prior (new patients).
- We charge a $45 fee for missed appointments when there is a failure to notify us ahead of time (same day cancellations/rescheduling may be allowed on a case by case basis)
- Please understand: we do our very best to stay on-time/on-schedule, however, multiple factors can affect the schedule like complex/urgent/emergent patients who require more time than is anticipated. Our patients’ health is our top priority. You will receive the same attention when your time comes to see the doctor. We know your time is valuable – thank you for your patience and understanding.
- Due to the time required, we charge a minimum $10 fee for completion of forms for use outside the patient’s medical record (e.g. school/employment related forms, disability paperwork, family medical leave)