To all patients,
WE ARE OPEN! Starting on Monday March 23, 2020 all office visits were converted to video calls by default (aka “telemedicine”) until further notice.
This is in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, to promote public health & safety for our patients/staff/families. In a telehealth visit, patients are seen via face-to-face video using smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop. You can be at home, at work…anywhere with good video & internet. Rest assured, we are able to accomplish most tasks through remote visits including ordering tests/prescriptions/referrals/etc.
If a patient is unable to do a video visit or even a phone call, accommodations can be made for an in-office visit. In addition, some patients may need to come for in-office evaluation per the doctor’s recommendation.
Please view instructions below to set up a telemedicine visit. We must maintain this ‘new normal’ until it’s safer to return to business as usual. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!
Please note the following:
-Normal business hours apply (though doctor *may* sometimes be available outside these hours)
-Normal co-pays apply (like a regular office visit)
Contact our office to schedule an appointment:
Choose any of the options below:
-Call us at (808) 523-7955
-Online appointment request (scroll to bottom of this page) – AWAIT CONFIRMATION FROM STAFF
-Text us at (808) 523-7955 – AWAIT CONFIRMATION FROM STAFF
Click to enter the virtual waiting room and wait for the doctor to start the visit. If you encounter challenges at any time, please call our office or text our team at (808) 523-7955 we have multiple backups including Apple FaceTime, Doximity, Elation video visits, and finally phone as a last resort.
(You can also call our office to schedule an appointment)
- Visit length: we schedule in 20 minute increments (this may turn out shorter or longer depending on various factors)
- Walk-in visits:
- Available on a 1st-come 1st-serve basis
- Call the office prior to coming to gauge our schedule
- We will do our best to fit you in with respect/priority to patients who are already scheduled
- Health emergencies: you may contact our office but strongly consider going to the nearest urgent care or emergency room immediately without delay
ON THE DAY OF YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Bring to every visit (or for telemed we will contact you):
- Updated ID (driver’s license, etc.)
- Health insurance card(s)
- All medicines/supplements (or a complete written list)
- Come prepared with top questions/health issues to discuss
- Method of payment (cash, check, and all major credit cards accepted) – copays are due at time of service
- Plan to arrive early (or for telemed we will contact you):
- 15 minutes prior to your appointment (established patients), or
- 30 minutes prior (new patients)
- Checkout: our staff will contact you after they have prepared all your checkout materials (tests, referrals, handouts, prescriptions, etc.)
- This may be same day or subsequent days – please contact us if full checkout not completed within 1 week
- Please understand: we do our very best to stay on-time/on-schedule, however, multiple factors can affect the schedule like complex/urgent/emergent patients who require more time than is anticipated. Our patients’ health is our top priority. You will receive the same attention when your time comes to see the doctor. We know your time is valuable – thank you for your patience and understanding.
- We charge a $35 fee for missed appointments when there is a failure to notify us ahead of time
- Same day cancellations/rescheduling reviewed on a case-by-case basis
- Forms: Due to the time required, we charge a minimum $10 fee for completion of forms e.g. school/employment related forms, disability paperwork, family medical leave, etc.